What is General Liability Insurance?
General liability insurance (GLI), also known as Business Liability Insurance or Commercial General Liability Insurance, is designed to protect you if your business is sued. Not having coverage could put your business at financial risk.
Who Needs General Liability Insurance?
You need General Liability insurance if:
- If you interact with clients face-to-face
- Have access to a client's property
- Need coverage to enter into a contract
- Using third-party locations for business activities
- Advertising your business
- You or your employees representing a client
- Has access to a client’s equipment
- Represents your client’s business
- Operates without a physical property
- Sells a physical product to customers
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
This insurance helps protect your business from claims of:
- Bodily injury medical expenses if someone gets injured at your company
- Property damage that your business causes
- Reputational harm resulting from malicious prosecution, slander, libel, wrongful eviction, violating a person’s privacy, and more
- Advertising injury that your business causes by defaming someone else or another company
- Copyright infringement from using someone else’s work in your business’ ads without their permission
- Administrative costs to handle covered claims
- Court costs, judgments, and settlements for covered claims
General liability insurance does not cover:
- Damage to your own business property
- Commercial auto accidents
- Errors professional services
- Claims that cost more than your policy limit
- Workers compensation
- Illegal acts or wrongdoing that you or your employees did purposefully
Do not let a liability claim ruin the plans and aspirations you have for your business. Our specialists are here for you and will do all they can to make sure you get the insurance coverages you need.
To get started with General Liability and other Business Insurance solutions, contact us, you'll need to provide us with basic information about your business and services. Once your application is complete you can receive your policy documents and coverage the same day.